Building Products Store Manager
Our growth & expansion are creating a constant need for managers. Benefits include competitive base salary with bonus and automobile reimbursement plan. Local travel with very minimum overnight stay.
- Manages the sales, warehousing, delivery and related operations at a branch facility in a manner which promotes good customer relations and profitability.
- Plans, directs, and controls the sales, warehouse, delivery and related operations at a branch facility, including supervision of subordinate supervisors and personnel.
- Supervises subordinates responsible for inside sales/customer service, warehousing, delivery, and administrative support activities.
- Reviews and approves quotes and pricing within established guidelines.
- Reviews sales reports, and expense reports.
- Assists walk-in customers.
- Evaluates customer project application and recommends products.
- Monitors order status and expedites orders as needed.
- Directs warehousing and delivery operations. Establishes order priorities, delivery schedules, and routing.
- Sets minimum/maximum levels for inventory. Reviews
inventory levels, orders, back
orders and related data in order to maximize inventory turns and minimize inventory costs.
- Screens and selects vendors.
- Orders products from vendors or from local suppliers. Issues purchase orders.
- Maintains records to track expenses and exercises initiative to control costs.
- Maintains records related to sales, costs, inventory, personnel and safety.
- Directs maintenance activities for building, grounds, and vehicles.
- Monitors government regulations and implements procedures to maintain compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, and similar State and Local regulations.
- Enforces safety rules.
- High School Education
- 2-4 years experience in industrial, wholesale or retail sales of building materials and supplies
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Accounting experience and be computer literate
- Manage inventory levels
- Customer Service Oriented
- Product knowledge and application
- Sales experience
- Maintain a profitable location