The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the receipt, storage and handling of roofing and related building products in a timely and efficient manner. Richards will train energetic individuals who have the ability to lift heavy material. No forklift experience needed. Every warehouse employee will attend a safety and forklift certification course in which they will receive a powered industrial truck operator’s permit.
- Perform receiving duties.
- Unload products from truck, verify counts, match delivery documents to purchase order.
- Move and stage items for storage. Store items in warehouse.
- Check delivery ticket, select material from warehouse, stage material, palletizes and packs hard goods.
- Label and count items.
- May use a computer to look up an order.
- Use material handling equipment to load material onto trailer or truck bed while utilizing safe lifting practices.
- Operate lift truck and material handling equipment as needed.
- Observe safety practices. Cleans work area. Stacks and stores material securely to prevent shifting, falling or blocking of aisles or exits.
- High school or equivalent education.
- 1 – 2 years of related warehouse or industrial experience
- Ability to lift and move heavy items weighing 20 – 50 lbs.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and